Top Tips for Successful Temping
- Call us if you’re unable to work, we’re open from 9am to 5.30pm. Outside these hours,
you can leave a message on our 24-hour answer phone.
- Make sure you have all your booking details including address, start time and the
name of who to report to.
- Dress appropriately for the booking as first impressions count. Keep your skills
updated using our FREE skills development courses on all Microsoft Office packages.
- Use client’s facilities for your private use without asking first, including the
phone, fax and PC for personal emails.
- Use the company computer system for downloading information from the Internet.
- Suffer in silence. If you're unhappy about the booking call us straight away.
A few other invaluable tips
- Mobile phones: during operational hours, mobile telephones should be switched off.
This includes the sending and receiving of text messages.
- Email: the majority of our clients operate an internal email system. It’s imperative
that this system is used for business purposes only.
- Punctuality: it goes without saying, punctuality is very important. If your start
time is 9am please ensure that you’re at your workstation and raring to go!
- Absence procedure: if you're unable to go to work due to sickness, or for any other
reason, please call before 9am and again by 4pm that day to let us know whether
or not you'll be able to work your assignment the following day.
- Confidentiality: please be aware of our confidentiality policy. At no time, either
during or following your assignment, may you use or disclose, to any unauthorised
person, any confidential information relating to the business affairs or trade secrets
of your assigned company. Failure to adhere to this policy could result in legal
- Overtime: some of our clients have very tight deadlines, and at times you may be
required to work overtime. Your consultant will keep you informed and will also
let you know whether the pay rate will differ.